Null offensive hacking hands-on training.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Open Source Intelligence by Nutan Kumar Panda
- Open Source Intelligence by Shubham Mittal
This will be a basic hands-on session on Open Source Intelligence from a pentester’s perspective.
Primary goal of the session:
- To gain understanding of how OSINT works. Use different tools and techniques.
- Writing basic Maltego Transforms and creating Maltego machines.
- Use All of this at your will and solve a small hacking challenge.
Agenda of Humla:
- Overview of OSINT
- Internet Monitoring
- Social Media Intelligence
- Custom Python Scripts
- Non-traditional search engines
- Treat: Small Hacking Challenge.
- Basic knowledge of pen-testing. (so that you understand what exactly are we trying to do in this session). We don’t mind if you are learning OSINT for some other purpose, However we will keep our session around pentesting.
- A laptop (with ability to connect to wifi network), unless you have a folk whom you can disturb all the time. Also try to get one with full privileged access.
- Download and install Kali. Please make sure you have Kali up and running in your VM / system.
- Since, internet will be required throughout the session, having a dongle/hotspot will be great.
About your champions:
Nutan (@TheOsintGuy) is an InfoSec professional and OSINT enthusiast. He has been involved in conducting / imparting information security training. Apart from his love for open source programming, he has also written various technical papers. He is also co-authored the book, ‘Hacking Web Intelligence’.
Shubham (@upgoinstar) is an InfoSec professional with area of interests lying in PT, OSINT and Network Forensics. In his free time he explores niche blogs and tries his luck with bug bounties, or ride his bike.
|Date||Saturday December 05 2015|
|Event Type||Invite Only|
|Start Time||09:30 AM|
|End Time||06:00 PM|