Defensive Security event.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Cryptography for Developers by Adhokshaj Mishra
The bachaav session is targeted for developers and security professionals who want to learn how to use cryptography properly in software systems. The session will focus on popular cryptographic algorithms and their uses like AES, RSA, SSL, Digital Signatures etc. Common pitfalls, and attack vectors will also be covered with possible countermeasures. In short, this will be an "all rounder" session with primary focus on defense
The following topics will be covered
- Introduction to cryptography, cryptanalysis and cryptology
- Components of a general cryptosystem
- Symmetric and assymetric cryptosystem
- Classical ciphers and their attack vectors
- Modern ciphers (AES, RSA) and their attack vectors
- Cryptographic Backdoors
- SETUP Attack
- Covert Channels
- Detecting weakened cryptosystem
- Any decent laptop with LINUX, GNU C++ Compiler, GNU Debugger and Crypto++ libraries installed and configured properly.
The attendees are supposed to have a solid background in following subjects
- Programming in C++
- Mathematics till High School (basic algebra, matrices etc)
- Basic knowledge of LINUX
The following subjects are recommended, but not strictly required
- Basics of Modular Arithmetic (Modular arithmetic will be quickly covered in the session)
Information and Instructions
- This is a completely free but invite only event.
- You require prior invitation to be able to attend this event.
- To get an invite, these are roughly the steps you need to follow
- Register on the swachalit portal.
- Register for the event on the portal.
- If required fill more details on a Google Form. You need to submit both the Google Form and the registration form to be eligible for an invitation.
- Invites to the event are at the discretion of the Bachaav Champion.
- The Bachaav Champion wants to cover a certain training in a fixed time. This means they choose which of the applicant are likely to gain the most and derive most value from the event.
- If you have been selected but are unable to attend, please inform us.
- Your seat would be allotted to someone from the waiting list.
- Walk-in participants are not allowed to attend any invite only session.
|Date||Saturday February 28 2015|
|Event Type||Invite Only|
|Start Time||10:00 AM|
|End Time||06:00 PM|