Null offensive hacking hands-on training.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Binary Exploitation using Protostar by upendra singh
You can register by doing the following:
Click on the register button to register yourself for this session.
Only the participants who have registered here will be considered for this session as its limited to 35 participants only.
Registrations will close on Jan 12th 10:00 AM. Only the participants who registered will be sent a confirmation email with the venue details.
Please, read the following instructions carefully. This will enable us to have a smooth, hassle free session.
The following topics will be covered :
- Buffer Overflow.
- Exploiting format string vulnerability.
- Heap Overflow.
- Introduction to ROP.
Attendees Pre-requisites :
- Good understanding of C.
- Basic understanding of x86 ASM.
- Understanding of various sections of binaries, stack and heap in particular.
- Reading the paper Smashing the stack for fun and profit(http://phrack.org/issues/49/14.html) would help. Although it's not mandatory to read.
Hardware Pre-requisites (Mandatory) :
- A system capable of running Virtual Box. You can test this by installing Virtual Box and creating a test VM.
- Atleast 4 GB of RAM.
- Atleast 20 GB of free space on any drive.
Software Pre-requisites (Mandatory) :
- VirtualBox (Any version higher than 5.1.10). Please install this and come before the session. VMWare will not be supported.
- An Ubuntu VM(16.04 or higher).
- Protostar image, it can be downloaded from here : https://goo.gl/nGSyCJ
- System should have PEDA installed. It can be downloaded from here : https://github.com/longld/peda
|Date||Saturday January 13 2018|
|Event Type||Invite Only|
|Start Time||09:30 AM|
|End Time||06:00 PM|