n|u Puliya, really short courses for skill bridging.
Puliya means culvert or a small bridge in Hindi.
We have been getting constant feedback about our null Humla and null Bachaav sessions. The feedback is both ways and almost all the champions are of the opinion that there are some essential non-security skills that are sorely lacking in a lot of attendees.
To "bridge" this gap in skills of our members attending the sessions we are starting null Puliya. The idea is to bridge the skill gap and get our members ready to take on advanced topics covered in null Humla and null Bachaav.
Culvert by Pearson Scott Foresman [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Linux Basics Puliya by Ankit
This session is useful for people who want to learn Linux OS
We will be covering the following
- Basic's of Linux file system hierarchy
- Installing the OS
- Playing with file permissions
- Some Useful commands and tricks
- Playing with editor of your choice
- Automating Routine Tasks
- Interacting with other commands
- Understanding and writing bash scripts (basic)
- Some bonus skills related to linux (disclosed during the workshop)
The workshop will be a purely hands on session and for only those folks who do not know linux.
|Date||Saturday May 06 2017|
|Event Type||Open to Everybody|
|Start Time||11:00 AM|
|End Time||05:00 PM|
ThoughtWorks Technologies (India) Pvt Ltd.
6th Floor, Tower B Building No. 14
DLF Cyber City Phase III
How to reach venue:
- Walking Distance from IndusInd bank or Phase 3 Metro Stations (Rapid Metro)
- Can take auto to Building 14 Cyber City from Sikandarpur Metro Station (DMRC Metro)