General hands-on event.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Python School of Security - Class 1 by Bharath
- Python School of Security - Class 1 by Abhinav Chourasia
Python school of Security - Class 1
This event was moved from 30th July to 6th August owing to the Karnataka bandh.
This is the first workshop of a 6 part series on Python programming for security professionals. A detailed roadmap of the series can be found here: Detailed Roadmap of all 6 Classes
Overview & Objective:
- In this workshop we will cover basics of Python and lay foundational knowledge required for the series:
- We'll learn to program the 'pythonic way' and delve into features exclusive to Python.
- The objective is to understand conceptual underpinnings of Python programming while reinforcing this conceptual knowledge with practice exercises and challenges.
We'll work on realistic examples like:
- Parsing log files.
- Playing with publicly available data.
- Scripting basic system administration tasks (Managing file systems and processes).
- Writing scripts to interact with World Wide Web.
- Creating professional/manageable command-line interfaces.
What you need to know before coming for the class:
- Little bit of programming experience in some language (not necessarily Python) is preferable. (Enough to know what a "variable" or "if statement" is etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Linux command-line is necessary (Usage of commands like cd, ls, grep, less etc.). We'll cover required commands in the workshop though.
- Able to use at least any one command line and one graphical text editor (Nano, Vim, gedit, sublime, notepad++).
What you need to bring:
- Laptop with administrator access (mandatory).
- Minimum 2 GB RAM and 10 GB free hard disk space.
- Oracle Virtualbox installed (VMPlayer or VMWorkstation participants will be on their own)
- Preferably, bring your own Internet connectivity.
There are two mandatory steps of registration to this workshop:
- Register here on the null portal
- Fill out the questionnaire here: http://goo.gl/forms/n9fMtRpR5iMTp9IQ2
Note: Those who will not fill out the questionnaire will not be considered for participation.
|Date||Saturday August 06 2016|
|Event Type||Invite Only|
|Start Time||09:30 AM|
|End Time||06:00 PM|