Defensive Security event.
Proposed sessions for this event:
- Fortifying Computer Networks against Network Attacks by Kartik Lalan
Fortifying Computer Networks against Network Attacks
Please register AND fill the Google form whose link is provided below. Both are mandatory.
This bachaav session is directed towards learning the defenses that we can setup on networking devices:
1. Basics of Networks
2. Securing Switch & Router
It is nice to have the knowledge of the following before coming in for the Bachaav session:
1. Basics of networking concepts, like IP addresses, subnets etc.
2. Various common network devices and their functions
3. Difference between switch, hub and a router etc.
Who should attend:
- Anyone who is interested in learning about defenses at the network layer
- Folks who may want to answer the CCNA exam
Software and Hardware Pre-requisites:
- Laptop with at least 4 GB RAM. More the merrier.
- Android Device with installed https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netacad.PacketTracerM&hl=en or
- iOS Devices with installed https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/cisco-packet-tracer-mobile/id1015041980?mt=8 or
- Laptop running licensed copy of Cisco Packet tracer.
Link to Google form:
About the Champion:
Kartik Lalan is pursuing his M.Tech. in CS with Specialization in Information & Network Security while working on Android & Info-Security. He also writes technical blogs in leisure time at www.nestedif.com. He is currently an intern at Product Security Centre of Excellence - Philips Innovation Campus.
|Date||Saturday April 30 2016|
|Event Type||Invite Only|
|Start Time||09:30 AM|
|End Time||06:00 PM|
|Name||Speaker||Start Time||End Time||Resources|
|Fortifying Computer Networks against Network Attacks||Kartik Lalan||09:30 AM||06:00 PM|