A red team is an independent group that challenges an organization to improve its effectiveness. The United States intelligence community (military and civilian) has red teams that explore alternative futures and write articles as if they were foreign world leaders.
Likewise the concept is now integrated with the Infosec arena as well. 'What', 'Why' and 'How' of this concept will be discussed in brief. Below mentioned is an outline to be continued down to 4 series including pointers such as:
• Security Assessment v/s Engagement
• Types of Security Assessment
• Types of Security Engagement
Red Team Engagement
• Vulnerability Assessment v/s Penetration Testing
• Red Teaming - A new age security operational phenomena
Interaction and Meet-up - RFP
Scoping - Scope of Work and Deliverables
Authorization - RFA - Request for Approval
Red Team Engagement Methodology
Red Team Engagement Analysis
Standard Technical cum Executive Reporting
• Beneficiary to Organizations - Use Cases
Spy and Intelligence
Journalism and Activists
• Penetration Test v/s Red Teaming
• Red Team Methodology
Planning and Intelligence
The Exploitation to Breach
Command and Control
Red Team Exercise Analysis
• Red Teaming - Limitations
• Red Teaming v/s Blue Teaming
• Sample Demonstrations
The presentation and the entire chapter-wise content is to be made available to the audience for references.
I do penetration tests. I do Web Application Security, former aspirant researcher @Information Security and current Red Team Lead.
Starts at Saturday July 04 2015, 04:30 PM. The sessions runs for 40 minutes.