This Bachaav Session aims at describing best practices for secure deployment and re-deployment of Websites using Wordpress. This session will get you started and resources will be shared at the end to help you dive further. The following topics will be covered:
- Setting up the Environment
- Documenting Steps
- Web Application Architecture
- Installing and Configuring Wordpress
- Enabling HTTPs
- Hardening Wordpress
This training is optimized for a Windows Host Operating System with Virtual Box hypervisor. Please download and bring the software beforehand.
The session will include iTheme Security as a plugin.
The session will be a mix of theory, hands-on, and demo.
- Laptop with atleast 4 GB of RAM
- Preferrably Bring your own Internet
- Familiarity with the linux command line
- Virtual Box: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
- Ubuntu 16.04.5 Server iso image file: http://releases.ubuntu.com/16.04/
- Putty: https://www.putty.org/
- Visual Studio Code(Optional,recommended): https://code.visualstudio.com/?wt.mcid=DX841432
- Wordpress Installation Archive: https://wordpress.org/download/
- keepass password manager
I am a Freelance Cyber Security Consultant and Trainer.
You can talk to me about:
1) Penetration Testing
2) Cloud and Infrastructure Security
Starts at Sunday November 25 2018, 11:00 AM. The sessions runs for about 4 hours.