Web Security - The Good Parts
Akash Mahajan talks about Web Security, what to focus on, all the good stuff
Web development is hard. Secure web development is harder. Let's make it simple for you. After this session you will be able to do the following
- Know what to focus on first, in terms of security
- Create a simple strategy and process for keeping your web application safe
- Be able to ask the right questions to your vendors, SAAS partners about security
What will we cover?
- We will look at the Open Web Application Project Top 10 Risks for Web Applications.
- We will use that as a framework and see how we can do real world security in spite of all the attacks out there.
- We will look at becoming resilient, so in case something bad happens we can recovery quickly and be stronger than before.
How will we cover it?
- I have some interesting slides to show. I promise not to use Powerpoint.
- We will go over some real world security incidents and figure out what really happened.
Who am I?
- Heard of That Web Application Security Guy
- Am the Chapter Lead for OWASP Bangalore
- Co-founded a security community null and used to run their largest chapter at Bangalore.
- Kickstarted an eco system for Startups and Entrepreneurs called Headstart Network Foundation.
- Ever attended a Startup Saturday? I built that website!
- Realised that I love to learn with others about security, so at null created different types of meets and sessions teaching hands-on offensive hacking, defensive security etc.
Starts at Saturday May 24 2014, 12:30 PM. The sessions runs for about 11 hours.