Pentesting networks with nmap
Basics of TCP & UDP Protocol
- Structure of a TCP Packet, explanation of the flags and their uses.
- Structure of a UDP Packet
- Quick look at some protocols through wireshark
- Using netcat to do port scanning
- Using Wireshark to inspect a scan
Nmap Port Scanning
- Why scan?
- nmap flags
- Host identification
- Types of scan
- service discovery and banner grabbing
- OS detection
- script scanning
- Output Parsing
- Firewall evasion
Nmap Scripting Engine
- Why scripting?
- Current scripts
- Writing a simple script
Hardware Pre-requisites (Mandatory)
- A laptop capable of running Virtual Box. You can test this by installing Virtual Box and creating a test VM.
- Atleast 2 GB of RAM
- Atleast 2 GB of free space (to copy the VM that will be distributed)
Software Pre-requisites (Mandatory)
- Metasploitable https://sourceforge.net/projects/metasploitable/files/Metasploitable2/
- VirtualBox (Any version higher than 5.1). Please install this on your host. Import the Metasploitable VM and come. VMWare folks will be on their own.
- Wireshark https://www.wireshark.org/#download. This needs to be installed on your host machine.
- Nmap https://nmap.org/download.html. This needs to be installed on your host machine.
Starts at Saturday April 08 2017, 10:00 AM. The sessions runs for about 7 hours.